of sherlock holmes and honor among punks

MOVIE: Sherlock Holmes
DIRECTED BY: Guy Ritchie
STARRING: Robert Downey Jr as Holmes and Jude Law as Dr John Watson.
STORY: "Detective Sherlock Holmes (Downey Jr.) and his stalwart partner Watson (Law) engage in a battle of wits and brawn with a nemesis whose plot is a threat to all of England." [IMDB]
[All movie stills courtesy of Comingsoon.net]

TRE-REMARKS: I remember liking Holmes as a detective/mystery-novels-devouring youngling, but the notion does not go beyond that transient-factoid ("Aging" does terrible, terrible things to one's memories, so I'm told). When I read about Downey getting this gig right after IRON MAN, I wasn't particularly impressed (as much as I lurved his performance as "Tony Stark"), in particular after seeing the leaked set-pics ... Then I saw this pic of him with the abs. Daymn I want abs like these when I'm at that age! LOL (daymn, I want abs, period ... still not that interested in the flick tho :p).
SHERLOCK-HOLMES-02

TRE-WONDERS: Why hasn't anybody made a movie adaptation of Gary Reed and Guy Davis' BAKER STEET comic? Published by Caliber Comics (circa 1989-91) - I'd loved the Goth + Punk + Gender twist in the S.Holmes-concept, and the artwork by Davis in HONOR AMONG PUNKS - rendered in glorious black&white linework + grey-tone work - was truly to-die-for back then. Now, THAT's a movie I wanna see being made ~ but that's just me :p

HONOR AMONG PUNKS-PLOT: It features an alternative Sherlock Holmes mythos where the values and class system of Victorian era England carried over into a late 20th Century where WWII never occurred. The story mainly concerns a group of punks attempting to solve a series of murders reminiscent of the Jack the Ripper killings of the late 19th century. [wiki]
Daymn, Now I gotta go dig up the series for another read (good luck to me finding it)...
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK