#INKTOBER2014 Feature: Elvin Ching

WHAT: *#INKTOBER is essentially an art challenge whereby folks draw an ink illustration each day for everyday in the month of October. In this series of blog-features, TOYSREVIL will showcase an artist each day(-ish) and their works for Inktober 2014 - Along with a lil' Q&A, of course!*

WHO: Elvin Ching
WHAT: Illustrator / Storyboard Artist / Concept Artist
WHERE: elvinching.tumblr.com
SELECT STYLE for INKTOBER: "Markers and Fountain Pens. Clean shapes and fine lines mostly."

TOYSREVIL: Why did you start Inktober for 2014? Did you do the previous years?
ELVIN CHING: This is my first Inktober. I’ve heard about it before but never had time to participate either because I was too busy or I didn’t have enough motivation. It takes discipline haha! Anyway, I really wasn’t aware this year until a friend’s post reminded me. I just decided at that point that I was going to do it because it’s a fantastic self-discipline exercise for an artist.

TOYSREVIL: Is there any specific "theme" you are going for, for this year's Inktober?
ELVIN CHING: Just whatever that feels me. Mostly mainstream comic book superheroes, but I like to throw in a few odds and ends like a personal portrait or an 80s cartoon character from my childhood.

TOYSREVIL: What are you hoping to achieve with executing this project? Do you intend to finish it?
ELVIN CHING: I started out just wanting the achievement of finishing it. But after I really got into it, I’m challenging myself to really improve with each drawing instead of just doing casual sketches. It’s been so addictive that I find myself anxious and a tad depressed when I can’t do my daily inktober. (I spend the following few days catching up by doing extra inktobers if that happens). That in itself makes me happy - that I’m now officially an inktober junkie haha. And yes, one way or another, I’m going to complete 31 drawings.

TOYSREVIL: Check out MORE Inktober works on Elvin's dedicated Facebook album here, where it'll be updated as the days of the month go along … And thanks for the recommendation, Jerry!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK