#INKTOBER2014 Feature: Jeremy Dale

WHAT: *#INKTOBER is essentially an art challenge whereby folks draw an ink illustration each day for everyday in the month of October. In this series of blog-features, TOYSREVIL will showcase an artist each day(-ish) and their works for Inktober 2014 - Along with a lil' Q&A, of course!*

WHO: Jeremy Dale
WHAT: Artist/Animator
WHERE: valleydweller.com
SELECT STYLE for INKTOBER: "Brush pen, mostly. Moved from PITT to Pentel halfway through."

TOYSREVIL: Why did you start Inktober for 2014? Did you do the previous years?
JEREMY DALE: I love bandwagon hashtag events like this. It's good motivation to do something every day. I only started Inktober in 2013, but have done some similar events before that.
TOYSREVIL: Is there any specific "theme" you are going for, for this year's Inktober?
JEREMY DALE: Participation is my main theme usually. Looking over my current progress though, I guess this year there's a lot of game/movie references, and a couple mash-ups.

*During Daily Draw February this year on Satellitesoda.com.

I focused on a narrative that I was going to watercolor, but only ended up sketching most of them. I thought about inking all those drawings as part of Inktober, but didn't want to break from the watercolors.

TOYSREVIL: What are you hoping to achieve with executing this project? Do you intend to finish it?
JEREMY DALE: Almost every day is an exercise in self-critique. Every drawing has tangents or tenuous contacts or just bad silhouettes. I'm trying to do more pencil planning before getting into inks to fix that stuff, but it's really hard to eliminate everything. I'm doing most of these during my commute, so it's like an hour of pencil/ink on a train, with some cleanup afterward usually, and that doesn't grant me a lot of time to get super involved in anything, so I do less planning and just diving in and noting the lessons and failures for later.

I'll probably have most of them for sale at my booth (818) during DesignerCon 2014 in November this year in Pasadena, CA [shameless plug].

TOYSREVIL: No worries Jeremy, "shamless plugs" works for me, in fact I encourage it! LOL

Folks can check out Jeremy's Inktober sketches in his dedicated Facebook album here, or head on to his dedicated Flickr album for 2013 & 2014 Inktobers!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK