Introducing VAG (VINYL ARTIST GACHA) from Medicom Toy


The second series of VAG (VINYL ARTIST GACHA) has launched, thanks to Medicom Toy, featuring the designs of T9G, MIROCK TOY, BRIDGE SHIP HOUSE, and PUNK DRUNKERS.

Sized an average of 6cm and with a SRP of ¥500 per piece/capsule / per blind pull, I'd resisted this series for quite sometime now, until I saw it in person and on hand at Ozzo Collection a week ago, with Series 1 all bundled together and available as complete sets, or individual pulls … and I find myself lusting after them, which is tricky as I want to able to collect hem in complete SETS and not necessarily loose and single (which would have made swell toy-photo subjects here muahahahaha) … nevertheless might change my mind, especially when Series 3 comes! Why? Because one of the pieces features INSTINCTOY's CURIO :)

My personal collecting habits have veered toward the gashapon-sized variety recently, and these buggers totally fit my toy desire requirements for "art toy on a budget and space constraints"!


(Above: Series 1 seen and snapped at Ozzo Collection)

The "platform toy" notion is use sparingly here (unlike their BEA@RBRICKS), limited to 5 x colorways in a singular set. I suppose I could choose just one figure colorway from each design…?

I am personally haunted by the fact that when BE@RBRICKS Series 1 came out, where I had the chance to procure the entire (basic) set, I picked out my fav 4 to 5pcs instead, and since been unable to have a complete set … I know this makes me sound like a "hoarder" instead, maybe ... :p

Here's a look at the various series released and to be released (Source: Medicom Toy):


Above: Series 1 features design by PICOPICO, zariganiworks, KONATSU, and COSMOS project. Not the strongest series compared to 2 & 3 (to my own personal tastes anyways), but for collectists, don't miss out!


Above: Series 2 features designs from T9G, MIROCK TOY, BRIDGE SHIP HOUSE, PUNK DRUNKERS … quite a visually splendid series, methinks! Wouldn't mind collecting the whole set :)

Below: Series 3 features designs by RESTORE, ZOLLMEN, INSTINCTOY, and SUNGUTS (seen below). Also another sweet set to be had … oh man, I think I mighty be in "toy trouble" here … LOL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK